Founded in 1900, APG | SGA is the leader in Out of Home advertising in Switzerland on the street, at the airport, in shopping centres and train stations, in mountain regions and on public transport. The company covers all aspects of advertising at highly frequented locations – from poster campaigns with the widest coverage and large poster spaces to state-of-the-art digital advertising media.
Problems & Issues
- Change within the structure of the holding, new management is taking over a more active role in the strategy of the subsidiaries
- Older and high-maintenance backend
- Complex organisation structure with local and international subsidaries
Challenges & Opportunities
- Specific organisation structure required a multi-site structure
- Synchronization with existing databases
- User Sign-on via external service
Solution / Results / Benefits
Modular structure of the site allows subsidiaries to create their own country and market specific content without deviating from the guidelines of the parent company. Realization in «django CMS2», flexible content, thanks to a templating system with placeholders where content can be edited directly on the website. Automatic language detection by browser setting is made possible through multi-lingual setup. The CMS enabled centralized management of advertising subjects and background images in the subject database. Multi-upload (upload of multiple files at once) and "focal point" for the ideal cropping of image details has been made possible. People and location management. Webshop with article-management. Elaborate price calculator. Online product management, user guidance through individual steps, online quotation order, dynamic PDF generation. Integration of isolated applications and synchronization with existing interfaces. Implementation of authentication via available interfaces and user sign-on via external services.