Orange Communications SA entered the Swiss telecommunications market in June 1999 as the third mobile operator. As of 29.02.2012, are 100% owned by Matterhorn Mobile SA, a company under the indirect majority ownership of funds advised by Apax.
Problems & Issues
- outdated website whereby customers were finding it difficult to navigate through the site to find the information they required
- navigation problem, too many clicks before getting to the page the user wanted
- combined with the outdated information architecture, the site required restructuring and a design revamp, in line with the young and vibrant ethos, and make the distinction between B2C and B2B clearer
Challenges & Opportunities
- ensure information about products and services are easily found
- ensure new and existing customers are buying products and services
- ensure support queries are quickly answered
- ensure values of customer were maintained throughout the new site structure
- ensure the brand image is successfully received and felt by users
Solution / Results / Benefits
To encapsulate all requirements from design through to usability and structure, the following points became core to the end result. The three click rule was maintained throughout, this ensured that information could be found quickly and easily. This was compounded by the new search utility, enabling more efficient results.
Through the new design, the distinction between customer types became clearer. The original grid structure restricted design and informational blocks, thus a new (960 grid) structure was implemented to better display content, with more “space to breath”. Content could now be displayed in a variety of formats, due to the responsive behaviour for tablet and mobile viewers.
Together with the three-layer information weight structure, information is sorted by importance; full width for displaying of important information, less important information is displayed in smaller grid columns.