Opening in 1970, Spital Limmattal is committed to providing the community with a comprehensive range of high quality healthcare services.
Problems & Issues
- the site had become outdated in design and information architecture
- the current CMS solution was not flexible to small content updates
- due to resourcing constraints the new solution needs to be intuitive and flexible in accordance with the new hospital brand
Challenges & Opportunities
- collaborating design with functionality to ensure core principles of the hospital were not lost
- rejuvenating key elements of the site to increase user participation; baby gallery, job module, course module
- integration of shortcuts in the admin to assist easy and quick content updates (and restructuring)
Solution / Results / Benefits
An opportunity to create modules (plugins) customised to suit the hospitals purpose. These varied from a fully customised solution of the ‘team module’ to an adaption of the ‘course module’. These solutions were created as plugins to allow for flexibility over the course of time. The new design and information architecture ensured that content could be found easily and with a minimal number of clicks (maintaining where possible, the three click rule). New tools, such as mobile detection, were implemented to ensure that mobile users are able to quickly find information in case of an emergency. django-cms made all of this are a reality.