We present you the Django CMS fellowship program - apply now!
The django CMS open source community is growing, and after securing enough funding, we are pleased to announce the launch of the django CMS Fellowship Program
The django CMS Fellowship Program is an initiative to take django CMS to the next level. 2 years since the launch of the django CMS Association, we have finally been able to secure enough funding to take the next step. Under the Fellowship Program, a paid contractor will take on some of the administrative and community management tasks of the django CMS project to support its rapid development.
The continued development of django CMS is central to the vision of the django CMS Association. The Fellowship Program builds the foundation for this. It is funded by donations and membership fees from the django CMS Association.
The fellow participates in the project for a few months and earns community recognition for their efforts.
What are the benefits of the django CMS Fellowship program for the community?
- Regular and stable django CMS releases
- Faster reviews of PR submitted by the community
- Quicker issue management (bug fixing, monitoring)
- Innovative product features and improvements
What are the benefits for the fellow?
- Gain lots of experience and work for a good cause
- Reputation in the Django community
- Knowledge sharing with a great team of django CMS experts
- Visibility in a large network of agencies and enterprises
- Open source is fun
Job description django CMS fellow (Paid Position, 50%)
Expected workload: min 80 h per month
Experience: Deep technical understanding of Django / django CMS / Python, expertise in software architecture, at least 5 years of professional experience as a software developer, proven significant involvement in the django CMS ecosystem (i.e. as a contributor)
These could be your responsibilities:
- Answering technical contributor questions on our channels (Discourse, Slack, Stackoverflow)
- Helping new Django contributors land patches and learn our philosophy
- Monitoring the [email protected] email alias and ensuring security issues are acknowledged and responded to promptly
- Responsibility for releases, fixing release blockers and helping to ensure timely releases
- Fixing severe bugs and helping to backport fixes to these and security issues
- Reviewing and merging pull requests on github
- Triaging tickets on github
- Responsibility for Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment / automated release building of projects in github.com/django-cms