Today we released django CMS 3.0.4.
This is mostly a bugfix release. We did some minor cleanup and refactoring.
The major features are:
- Permissions for static placeholders. There is a data migration to add the permission but if you are using permissions, you should check after you upgrade that everything is okay. You may need to assign the new permissions to your users.
- Migrations for django 1.7 have landed. They can be found in 'cms/migrations_django' and will be kept there till we switch from south to django migration by default. The most external plugins have added django 1.7 migrations as well. (note, we're not claiming Django 1.7 compatibility yet, but we will be supporting both styles of migrations for now).
This is the full changelog:
- Removed file cms/utils/compat/type_checks.py, use django.utils.six module instead
- Removed file cms/utils/compat/string_io.py, use django.utils.six module instead
- Removed file cms/utils/compat/input.py, use django.utils.six module instead
- Use PY3 from django.utils.six instead of PY2 from cms.utils.compat to check Python version
- Staticplaceholders now have their own permissions
- Apphooks now support nested namespaces
- Apphooks can now exclude module for page permission checking
- Fixed the permissions for plugins on apphook pages
- Allow the use of custom admin sites that do not reside under the 'admin' namespace
- Added django 1.7 migrations/updated docs
- Slots for placeholders can now be 255 characters long
- Fix for the plugin pool initializing incorrectly if database was unavailable during first request
- Some other refactoring and simplifications