Updated: The django CMS leadership team is growing
Additional support has arrived.
No objections were received from association members regarding the nomination. Thus, the nominees are officially accepted.
After a short break, we're back with exciting news! A few weeks ago, we launched the Volunteer Leadership initiative. The goal of this initiative is to encourage community members to take on responsibilities within the django CMS project. These responsibilities go beyond normal community participation.
We believe that now is the right time to take this step. Over the past year and a half, we have done some solid groundwork to lay the foundation for the revitalization of django CMS: We've formed a non-profit, recruited many members, and raised a decent amount of funds. Thanks to this tailwind, we believe that now is the perfect time to harness the power of the community, expand the team with bright and dedicated minds, and together shape the future of django CMS with more vigor.
And what can we say? Thanks to this great community, we received applications in no time and put together a team 🎉.
We are proud to present to you the additional nominees for the leadership team of the django CMS project!
- Mark Walker, Tech Lead of the django CMS Association
- Based in UK
- Active contributor to the django CMS ecosystem since 2017
- Technical Lead on django CMS projects which have included London Marathon Events and World Marathon Majors
- Maintainer & contributor of django-bleach, django-sql-explorer, djangoproject.com, DjangoGirls.org
- Once achieved a penetration test which reported zero findings or recommendations, which people struggled to comprehend
- Mike Barrett, Product Lead of the django CMS Association
- Based in London, UK.
- Product Lead of the django CMS Association since 2022
- Background in on-line product development at CNET Networks, managing the team that designed and built the CMS platform for https://cnet.co.uk and https://zdnet.co.uk
- Founder and MD of Compound Partners, a B2B consultancy specialising in content marketing.
- Been a big beneficiary of the djangoCMS Open Source community for the last 15 years, now looking to contribute something useful back
- Product person, not a developer. I ask the stupid questions to make sure everyone in the room has the same understanding
- Anatoliy Ivanov, Documentation Lead of the django CMS Association
- Based in Moscow, Russia
- Software engineer at Rusaero, in role of Fullstack Web Developer
- Contributing to django CMS documentation since 2021
- Simon Krull, Junior Community Manager of the djangoCMS Association since November 2021
- Based in Freiburg, Germany
- Active contributor to djangoCMS since 2021, Web-Developer.
- Contributor of django-cms-quickstart, djangocms-bootstrap4, djangoCMS 4, and the djangoCMS Documentation
We thank the nominees for their commitment and invite other members of the community to also become a member of the leadership team and take one of the open roles in the community
blog comments powered by Disqus